[ale] Nextel Messaging?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Oct 2 10:40:26 EDT 2002

[...]

    Robert> wget
    Robert> http://messaging.nextel.com/cgi/iPageExt.dll?oneWayTNSs=678758xxxx?ignore=tdtext?from=Robert?subject=Dinner?message="Whats
    Robert> for dinner?"

    Robert> (can't remember the char for spaces, apos or question
    Robert> mark).

        ? starts the argument portion of the query string, & seperates
individual arguments.  And you really need to encode any other special
characters such as spaces or ?'s.  And you really should have quotes
around the entire thing.

    Robert> Any better thoughts on this?  Was playing and it just
    Robert> started bothering me :>

        Get this book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perllwp/

        Or here's a quick pass (that might even work).

#!/usr/bin/perl
use LWP::Simple qw( get );
use URI ();

## Adjust inside the qq{} as necessary . . .
use constant FROM  => qq{Robert};
use constant PHONE => qq{6787581212};

my $subject = shift;
my $message = shift || do { local $/=undef; <> };

my $u = URI->new("http://messaging.nextel.com/cgi/iPageExt.dll");
$u->query_form( oneWayTNSs => PHONE,
                ignore     => 'tdtext',
                from       => FROM,
                subject    => $subject,
                message    => $message, );

get( $u ) or die "Couldn't submit URL\n";

exit 0;

__END__

foo 'Dinner?' 'What's for dinner?'

foo 'Longer diatribe' <<EOT
When comes the time in the course of human events . . .
EOT

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U