[ale] Mandrake 9

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Wed Oct 2 08:46:27 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

lets talk some Linux for a change.
Over the weekend I broke down and ditched debian of my "play" station (kept
it on the server) and installed Mandrake 9.
I really love it. less effort to get things to stick together, but I
encountered a strange problem ... kde <-> gnome related.
The default x greeter was kdm, but I changed it to gdm (like gnome2 better)
but after that change Mandrake Control center does no come up anymore.
Switched it back and hooray works, back to gdm - bummer.
Any suggestions where to start digging? I will post this on Mandrake support
forum too.

seeja
Tomas