[ale] Linux on Game Consoles--the answer!

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Nov 30 21:08:04 EST 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 07:02 am, Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> I've looked at that site (and the DVD play capability leans me to the
> PS2 as I have no player now) but what I'm not seeing is a basic
> description of the current status of the project, i.e., what can one now
> do?

And, more importantly, where do you get the dang thing?  Maybe I'm blind, but
all I've seen is talk about this linux kit and no availability yet.  Hell, I
haven't even seen the network adapter anywhere.

Curious question:  How different are the network adapter module and the module
that comes with the linux kit?  By the pictures, I can see that one has a
modem and the other doesn't, but I'm being told that both have a hard disk
interface (presumably IDE).  Any truth to this?

-E.