[ale] localhost name changes when logged into ISP

Neal Wilkinson nealw at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 30 20:32:48 EST 2002

How do I keep my computer name localhost? My hosts file reads 127.0.0.1
localhost.localdomain localhost I poked around some and found the
suggestion to also add the line "PEERDNS=no" to my
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 without luck. It still draws a
host name from my ISP. My /etc/sysconfig/network has the line
HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain It won't keep the name localhost. How do
I force it to stay named localhost? Thanks.

Neal