[ale] OT: MiniDV camera -> DVD

Marty Ernst mernst at leisuretech.com
Mon Nov 25 09:23:23 EST 2002

Chris,

I'm using a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge with firewire running 2000Pro. There
is also a site you need to visit. Lots of Great information on DV!!
www.vcdhelp.com What is this site about? This site will help you to make
your own VideoCDs, SVCDs or DVDs that can be played on your standalone DVD
Player.

You can purchase a firewire card for your computer, there around $25 just
make sure that it has both size connectors one have the large connector and
the other has both. You can look on pricewatch.com. Of course it will depend
if your DV cable already has a small and large connector.

There will be some software that will help you put your mpg on your DVD when
you get the recorder. At least you won't have a 2Gb limit with XP.

Marty
kd4hlv at radio.org