[ale] Were we hacked?

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Nov 5 17:48:24 EST 2002

Yesterday, I started getting bounced emails that I did not send out. Can you
tell me if the origin of the email was my client/local machine or remote
server?
I am thinking that I may have gotten a "emailing virus" hacked into my local
machine, or that my server was hacked. I got several reports that emails sent
to me two weeks ago bounced (which may be related) for the first time. I
understand that there are also ways that someone could send email via my
server without hacking it - I just need to figure out what is happening
before I get blamed for it.