[ale] A use for Windows . . .

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 1 13:23:05 EST 2002

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I am thinking that writers that do not understand the software are the best
> suited for the job. The programmers would be forced to speak in layman's
> terms - which is exactly how the docs should be written. The key here is
> cooperation between (program) writers and writers.

Programmers have to write *something*, but I agree with you
that non-programmers are in general probably best suited
to write the user docs (perhaps based on the technical docs
prepared by the programmers). Even programmers who are
good writers are often too close to the code to write
documentation that's understandable to others.

MySQL has the policy that nothing can be integrated
into the source tree unless it is completely
documented, which seems like a good idea.

Cheers,

-- Joe