[ale] OT: ADSL Splitter

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Fri May 31 15:33:22 EDT 2002

I have an ADSL line w/ BellSouth. It has a splitter that separates the voice
from data. Two lines come out of the splitter - one leading to the voice
jack and one to the data jack.

Evidently the splitter has gotten zapped from lightning because the ADSL
modem can no longer sync when it's plugged into the data line. I have to
plug the modem into the voice line that comes out of the splitter to get it
to sync. The only problem w/ this is that it causes interference w/ the
other line in my house. Whenever I pick up the other line, it knocks out my
ADSL, and I hear beeping in the background as the modem tries in vain to
sync.

Does anyone know where I can purchase an ADSL splitter. Mine is a Siecor
SPS-H5B-ALZ, but I'm guessing it doesn't really matter what brand it is. Has
anyone done this themselves and can tell me where to buy something like
this?

Thank you,
Mike