[ale] SCSI adapter (OT blackbox)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Thu May 30 10:29:50 EDT 2002

Aaron -

Before you go teeing off on Black Box, I think it's important to
understand that they have been selling commodity and custom to-order
cabling since long before you could actually walk into a store and buy a
computer.  They have always had a huge product list of a degree and
manner that would take a small army to adequately Web-enable.  Besides,
they wouldn't be the first legitimate, established company to have
hooked up with a shabby Web development shop.

Black Box predates eBay, CDW, and Egghead.  Black Box predates the Web.
Black Box was just about the only full-range computer support products
dealer in existence.  Back in the 1980s, any IT shop had better have had
a Black Box catalog on hand because if you needed a tape rack, printer
housing, box of 1/2" reel tapes, four-way serial port switch, or modem
bank, that's who you turned to.

- Jeff