[ale] [Fwd: [Am-info] Windows XP doesn't like to share withLinux]

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Thu May 30 09:38:21 EDT 2002

Gee, I read Roblimo's article and thought it was humor -- a parody on
the uninformed, whiny journalists who write about how difficult it is to
work with Linux. Here's an example from Stephen Manes written last
Thursday... http://biz.yahoo.com/fo/020523/linux_gets_friendlier_1.html

Mr. Manes has some valid points, but it's a little strange to blame a
noisy fan on the operating system.

Lighten up aready!

--  CHS

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 23:18, Christopher R. Curzio wrote:
<<snip>>
> I got pissed, because this author is obviously ignorant, and blathering
> about something of which he is clueless. This isn't XP's fault,
> Microsoft's fault, or Compaq's fault. Granted, it is pretty lame that
> companies (with help from Microsoft, no doubt) don't provide a full
> installation disk for Windows, but to write such drivel like this and put
> the blame on something that is not at fault can only serve to make Linux
> users look like uninformed, whiny morons.
<<snip>>