[ale] Red Hat 7.3 mail permissions problem

Jim Seymour jhseymour at directvinternet.com
Tue May 28 13:01:34 EDT 2002

Geoffrey wrote:

> To my knowledge, firewall rules aren't going to affect things by user
> id.  Chances are, your problems are permissions related.
>
> What kind of error do you get when you attempt to get email via a normal
> user?

Well I kept wrestling with it and it was something strange in my Mozilla
setup for e-mail.  I deleted the .mozilla directory in my home
directory.  After starting Mozilla a second time it worked correctly
then.  Mozilla turned out to be the only one I had problems with.  Never
could find the bad setting though????

Thanks,

Jim