[ale] ethernet problems

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Mon May 27 12:58:01 EDT 2002

Jeff Hubbs wrote

> Oh, and spell the return address right too.

Fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

> Anyway, on to your problem:  Look in /etc/resolv.conf
and make certain
> you've got valid DNS addresses in these.

>From below:

> > The dns servers seem to be listed properly in

etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.conf

It appears to me that this file and the file
etc/resolv.conf mirror each other.  Am I wrong?
Anyway, I did check.  The addresses are valid.

>DirecTV (which I am no fan of at all)

Sorry you don't approve.  To my knowledge, it is the
best deal for a Static IP.

>may or may not set those addresses via DHCP.

They don't as far as I can tell.