[ale] Best way to 16-color picture?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Sat May 25 00:44:14 EDT 2002

I do know what you're talking about w/r/t the web palette, but I think this
16-color restriction is actually an imposition on the M$ icon format. The
man page for ppmtowinicon says that M$ recommends three pics in a single
icon file: 16x16x4-bit, 32x32x4-bit and 48x48x8-bit. Most of the favicon
documentation I've seen only talks about a 16x16 pic. Some of them
recommend the 16x16 be in 4-bit color, but I didn't explicity see that in
M$'s favicon writeup. Plus, my current favicon works in Galeon.

Thanks, though ...

P.S. www.statmark.com is currently just a Yahoo! domain placeholder.