[ale] Topic for next ALE NW meeting June 16th

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri May 24 13:15:10 EDT 2002

Dow Hurst wrote:
> With no objections, I'd like to say let's have David present in June and
>  Bob present in July.  We certainly can adjust the duration of segments
> and since shell usage/understanding is so fundamental to Unix/Linux we
> should give David more time.  I'd say with the way everyone loves to
> hang out after the official meeting end time (which I still don't really
> know) we can give David a full hour to go thru the material.  Any more
> thoughts?

With David's acceptance, I'll put together the announcement.  I believe
Greg offered to assist, therefore I'd need a short bio from both for the
announcement.

All Bob has to do is confirm and he's got the July meeting for his
presentation.  Bio req. would apply as well.

> I do believe that after the first 6 meetings we should definitely focus
> on deeper topics.  Also, I'd like to point out that a LUG at KSU formed
> by students is not a competition with ALE-NW but is the manifestation of
> ALE-NW as an official KSU student body.  Legally it is needed and
> hopefully will be a magnet for Linux enthusiasts going to school here.

Understood. I'd like to see the KSU LUG become a bit more visible at the
meetings, I think this would be good for everyone involved.

> Also, I am buried in the renewal application of the grant that pays my
> salary so am unable to be timely with email replies.  This will continue
> until July 1st.  So I apologize for the long delays on my posts.

Hey, understood.  Good luck.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net