[ale] OT: palm screen scrambled

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Thu May 23 18:31:23 EDT 2002

I know this is OT, but a lot of you have palms, and I trust you more
than the strangers on a palm list.  :-)

My Palm IIIxe can't seem to keep from getting its screen completely
scrabled and locking up.  I put batteries in and it's about 10 seconds
until it locks up and I can't even turn it off.  The buttons are
non-functional.  It looks like a bunch of garbled mush on the screen,
and it's unusable.

Have any of you all seen this before?  Do you know if it's repairable,
or should I just get something else?  (I kind of feel like Palm OS must
be made by Microsoft or something.)

TIA!

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net