[ale] IT moving offshore

mainwizard at vei.net mainwizard at vei.net
Tue May 21 10:20:35 EDT 2002

It's not just the time lag/language barriers with overseas programmers. There is also the culture difference. We are programming a web app for public school management. Many of the programmers who worked on this before I got here were not familiar with the US school system. I have had to fix many problems caused by this lack. As a product of the school system, I have an inside view on how it works that enable me to anticipate potential problems that someone without that experience would miss. I think there are many other areas where this is also true.
Ed.