[ale] Two talking stories

Taylor Robison trobis at speakeasy.net
Mon May 20 19:46:49 EDT 2002

The NSA developed their own semi-distribution of Linux with security in
mind.  I think Linux journal did an article on it a while back.

http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

Yes, here is the link to to the NSA's site about it.  I believe it used
to consist of a kernel module which essentially created a more complex
and hardened permission system.  There nay be more to it now...haven't
read all of the site's info yet.

I'd love to see all government agencies use a product like this.  There
was a Peruvian Congressman who wrote a wonderful letter (which I believe
was mentioned somewhere in this discussion) with a brilliant argument
for government use of open source software.  I wish more of our leaders
held these opinions.  If you'd like to read the letter...here you go:

http://www.gnu.org.pe/resmseng.html

Taylor