[ale] PCL output viewing?

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Mon May 20 16:24:33 EDT 2002

	something named 'swiftView' or alike.
	as a browser plugin or standalone

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Fulton Green wrote:

#Related to the printer margin offset issue I asked about over a week ago,
#I've been trying to see just what all's involved between the
#"lpr somefile" and what happens on my printer. Though the waters are still
#a bit murky, it appears that my printer speaks PCL 3, and I believe that
#part (if not all) of the problem lies in the PostScript-to-PCL translation.
#In order to prove my theory, I'd like to see just what my printer queue is
#putting out in the way of PCL without wasting ink.
#
#So ... is there something out there that can read and display PCL output to
#the screen?
#
#---
#This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
#sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
#

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-487-8544 (O)
systems engineer				z.yu at voicecom.com