[ale] Micro Seconds.. Not a shameless Plug

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Sat May 18 21:10:17 EDT 2002

I'm not certain, but if I recall correctly, it used to be that if you
bought a machine that was running Windows from them, their "out" was a
sign saying that any OS on the machines was there for testing purposes
only and is to be deleted after you buy the machine, wink, wink, nudge,
nudge, say no more.  Maybe MS/BSA got after them or maybe their attys
took a look at the situation and they re-evaluated their policy.  Now,
if only they would review their policy regarding surliness. :-)

BTW, I was just at Micro Center and they seem to be turning out used PCs
and printers too (in the range of P/200-233).

Isn't it nice to not have to live in such a handcuffed world?

- Jeff