[ale] resuming transfers after disconnect

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Mon May 13 17:58:23 EDT 2002

John Wells wrote:
> I'm trying to grab the latest rh 7.3 iso's, but about midway through my dsl
> connection gets bounced.  Are there any programs out there that can resume
> tranfers in the event of a disconnect?
>
> Thanks.  Also, any suggestions of fast servers for iso download would be
> appreciated.

Many ftp clients can do that if the ftp Server supports the RESUME command.  The ncftp client that Vernard mention'd is one of my favorites.

You might also a download accelerator/manager.  I used proz (Prozilla) last night to grab the 7.3 iso's.  Downloader for X (d4x) has a nice gui.

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith