[ale] How the Other Half Lives

Joe Morris jolomo at olagrande.net
Mon May 13 17:28:09 EDT 2002

Not so long ago sangell at nan.net wrote:
> More Stable???? Are you kidding me???? Of the windows boxen here most are
> re-set on a weekly basis to avoid those unexplainable service failures,
> slow downs, lost resources and other problems. Linux boxen here are
> comprised of Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, SSH, Samba ect. were
> re-set........ummmm....oh yeah when we......no..............I think I

Yeah, but it's all anecdotal. I'm still wanting something alittle more
concrete. Like

http://whatexit.org/tal/mywritings/sa-theory.html

Where we could get to the point of saying something like

  "UNIX compares better to NT at all stages of the Remy
   model, promising lower cost and higher reliability."

Just not sure what it takes to get there!
--
  Joe Morris, SysAdmin and Not Insane
  Atlanta stories: http://jolomo.net        jolomo at olagrande.net