[ale] vmware and W2K v. WXP

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri May 10 12:13:43 EDT 2002

Jeff, et. al.,

The best example I have is this:

Intuit's Quickbooks pro 2000 was written for W2K. If it is installed
into XP pro workstation, the user at the console must have admin rights
for the application to be able to write to the database. Remote users
don't have to have this elevated privilege level.

So I go to change the "user" level to "power user". It's not there!
There are only two access levels: administrator and user. So do I give
administrator rights to the part-time bookkeeper or tell the company
they have to fork out _another_ $500 to upgrade to Quickbooks XP.

I showed them sql-ledger instead. :)

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>