[ale] Am I out of my mind?

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 21:42:14 EDT 2002

Hey y'all,

I need a professional opinion on this. My website has been having problems
the past few days, it is slow to respond to requests from a browser. At
least when I try to access a .shtml (server-side parsed file) but it's
fine when I try to download regular .html, .pdf and when I ftp into the
site for updates. As well, the mail server that is set-up as a subdomain
of my domain is fine.

I have emailed the support group and they are telling me this, and I
quote...

"The problem is not with our servers, or network. We are in communication
with Qwest engineers.  They estimate the problem will be resolved within
the next few hours."

Now, maybe I am out of my mind but from the, way, little bit I understand
about servers and networks, why would it be someone else's fault that
their servers are not servering up SSI files properly?

Am I missing something here or are they really feeding me a load of bull?

=====
Kevin Stoll
http://kevinstoll.org

OpenSource Software ... FREE!