[ale] OT: Perl redirect that retains form fields

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue May 7 12:57:57 EDT 2002

write out all your field=value data to a temp file. Pass the name of the
temp file as a parameter to the next script. If the next script gets a
parameter, it is used to open the file and pull out the field=value
pairs. Then delete the temp file.

If you are passing form values in a web page, use type=hidden to embed
the values on the page. If you don't want those values visible at all to
the user, use a cookie to identify the session and reference the cookie
data on the server end.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>