[ale] Apache 2.0/PHP seg faults?

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 7 07:50:22 EDT 2002

When problems like this occur I use strace to find out what system calls
took place before the segmentation fault.  I then look at the source and
locate the offending code.  I thin repair that code.  I would bet in
your case the software is tryting to access a null pointer and that will
cause a SIGSEGV.  I have a felling you'll find it near a dlopen()
statement where it will be trying to open your supplied library.  The
.so file you list below.  It may be having problems resolving a symbol
and not correctly handling the error condition for such.

Do not be too quick to take on the older version if you need features
that this version supports. Go ahead and fix it and make planty of
comments in the code so you can track what you have done.

Chris