[ale] cdr speeds?

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Mon May 6 23:57:51 EDT 2002

To be honest I'm not sure if most writers will let you write faster than the
rated speed of the disk, it's encoded on the disk.  But if it does, chances
are that you will get a coaster.  4x disk tend to be older than say a 24x and
therefore wasn't designed to be written to as fast.  It takes into account to
how fast the disk material can be heated and successfully written to.   If
you burn a slow disk too fast it may not actually burn, but get blistered...

--
Calvin...