[ale] Replacing Fan in Power Supply?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon May 6 09:40:19 EDT 2002

Jim Philips wrote:
> You should take out the old fan and carry it with you to the computer store.
> Any CompUSA will have fans, but the fans they have may not fit onto your CPU.
> This has been my biggest problem. And even while you have the fan with you,
> bear in mind how much space you have around the CPU. It's easy to come home
> with a fan that won't fit into the space you have.

I think we're discussing two different things here.  He says the ps fan,
which is inside the ps.  I'm not sure I understand why you want to
replace the fan to start with, as it sounds like it's working, just that
it blowing warm air, which, generally would be the case.  What you
should consider is adding a fan or two to the case, rather then
replacing a working fan.  That is unless, the fan is making some racket
or is obviously not functioning properly.

Just the same, replacing the fan inside the power supply depends a lot
on the ps itself.  Many are accessible via a screwdriver and wire
cutters.  Me, I'd get a new PS before I'd try and replace the fan...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net