[ale] Two awesome essays on open source and copyright

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon May 6 01:06:28 EDT 2002

Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> Many of these same issues and thought processes seems to have gone
> through the minds of the Peruvians.  Incredibly (to me, at least),
> right-thinking people appear to hold sway in Peru.

Sho' 'nuf. And MicroShaft is terrified that this "viral"
right-thinking will spread to the US, a "danger" that
Dr. Nunez's letter makes all the more likely. His arguments
are extremely powerful, and as far as I can see they
simply *can't* be ignored by any government that professes
to operate in the best interests of its citizens.

Cheers,

-- Joe
    Any OS distinguishable from Windows is not sufficiently broken.