[ale] Kernel panic: No init found?????

Bao C. Ha baoha at sensoria.com
Fri May 3 18:54:31 EDT 2002

It failed at the pivot_root.  Are you running initrd?
Check the initrd image.  Also, check if the kernel is
supporting the filesystem on the initrd image.  Most
initrd, like Debian, is based on cramfs.  The initrd
may try to do fancy things like creating a directory
to mount the root filesystem.  It will fail, since
cramfs is a read-only file system.

Bao