[ale] IE6 under Wine (or just use Opera)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri May 3 16:04:51 EDT 2002

You might want to listen to Bob.

OPERA RULZ!

I've been running Opera for Linux 6.0 (tp3) for months and found this
latest version, like its predecessors, extemely fast, smartand stable.
The 6.0 feature list is very current and comparable with any browser out
there.

Have also been very pleased running Opera 5.0 final on the OS9.2 Mac
systems that I need to use at my day job (-: at least for the time
being:-).  It took about 2 seconds to convince tech literate co-workers
Mac IE and switch to Opera.

I've only seen a little of Opera running on M$ (since I don't do
windoze),  but that was enough to confirm that it is very observably
faster than both Netscape 6.0 and Internet Exploiter in that environment
as well; possibly as much as 2X over Exploiter.

Depending on the platform the only notable caveate in using Opera is the
potential for limited plug-in availability with the more non-standard
and/or proprietary "fluffernetter" like Flush and Shockwaste and
SchemeWeaver.

peace
aaron