[ale] OT: anti-spam

Tony Ucedavelez tucedavelez at datamatx.com
Fri May 3 11:21:18 EDT 2002

I'll echo that and add that spam should not be opened via your internet
mail accounts (i.e - all you yahooligans).  I've heard that it is possible
to denote whether a recipient has opened the email or spam mail in the
internet mail account.  By clicking on that piece of mail, you say "I'm
home".

You would think that the online filters those services provide would help
prevent certain addresses from coming through, but it seems even worse if
you apply 'block address' filters.  Then they know that they got a returned
piece of mail and will alter their address in order to achieve their goal
of ulitmate annoyance.  In following these simple enough tasks, I honestly
rarely get spam on my internet account and zilch on my email client at
home.

Antonio O. UcedaVelez
Programmer
DATAMATX