[ale] Evolution

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Thu May 2 09:33:02 EDT 2002

I also am now a Free Man -- I haven't touched a micorsoft winders OS in
several weeks now. Alas, in an mSexChange environment with the
connector, evolution chugs along but could be better. I can't access the
Global Address Book, so I had to replicate all our email lists in my
personal addresses. If you can tell me how to make it pop meeting
reminders up on my gnome desktop, I'll be much happier with it as well.

But it's useable and if the only thing you're doing with Lose is
connecting to an office email server it'll allow you to put that box
back in the pool. Now I'm plotting to have 'em replace the server with
an Open Source thing that'll talk to Outlook -- I know they're out
there. You can hear our IS director smack his forehead from across the
office every time a new Microsoft licensing wrangle comes up.

-- CHS