[ale] best imap options

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed May 1 08:13:01 EDT 2002

I'm working on getting an imap server setup on a p133 32MB machine.  I'm
currently running the stock UW imap server that ships with debian as a deb
file, and it's running rather slowly (although I understand there are some
optimizations you can do for UW).

I was using this prepackaged server to get familiar with imap with the
intention of  downloading the source and compiling afterwards.  Before doing
this, I'm wondering if UW is the best option out there for my purposes (and
machine) and how other servers compare (courier, etc.).  Could I get some
opinions?

Thanks,

John