[ale] [OT] info on x10 browser popups

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Mar 29 22:24:11 EST 2002

Geoffrey wrote:
> I bitched at x10 because of their popup ads and received the following
> response.  Note at the bottom, he indicates you can turn off their
> popups.  I've not tried this, but figured I'd share the info....

So, the first link says to the sencond link:
http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=30&PAGE=http://www.x10.com/x10ads1.htm

Which sets a cookie which expires Mon 29 Apr 2002.

Why can't I just paste that into my browser, and change DAY=30 to DAY=32767?

Low and behold, I get a cookie that expires Tue 19 Jan 2038.  :-)

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith