[ale] permanent networking solution?

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 25 02:04:28 EST 2002

I have still had no luck getting this to run on startup. It occurred to me
that I _normally_ use a user and password to get vncserver to work.
If I start my box and do not log in to any account, how is vncserver supposed
to know which account vncserver applies to? I am somehow thinking that
vncserver cannot startup at boot time - or that I need to somehow specify
the user. Any comments?

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 09:19, Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> Two ways of doing it:
>
> The simple way: Put the command to run it in a script that runs every time
> the machine starts, like /etc/rc.sysinit.
>
> The slick way: Create a /etc/rc.d/init.d/vncserver script based on one of
> the other init scripts.  Give it a chkconfig header, which is just a
> commented line or two that chkconfig reads to determine what runlevels and
> what order to start things in -- see man chkconfig.  Then run
> '/etc/rc.d/init.d/vncserver start' to start it and 'chkconfig vncserver on'
> to turn it on permanently.
>
> Krum

Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com