[ale] separate hd for swap?

Robert E Karaffa rkaraff at emory.edu
Thu Mar 21 11:29:56 EST 2002

Hi folks,
	Thanks for all the prompt responses to my query.  Unfortunately
(well, not really THAT unfortunately), the machine in question is maxed
out as far as RAM goes.  The idea of the separate swap intrigued me, so i
sought sage advice from ale...and then i sent a note to the mailing list.
i really like old speckled hen, and guiness...in any event, the machine in
question really only does one thing:  provide a DSL connection/gateway to
my home LAN.  So i suppose it won't hurt to try it.  That linux box sits
next to an old 68k Mac that runs my house.  Anybody into home automation?
Macintosh-style?

-Bob K.