[ale] permanent networking solution?

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 19 21:18:24 EST 2002

During my battle to get an Internet connection working,  someone told me to
run the following two commands:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop && /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains stop \
&& modprobe -r ipchains && /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start && iptables -L -n

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start

The command did not get the Internet connection working, BUT I used the
commands to successful get my video games to network (on a different install.)

Unfortunately, every time I restart the computer, I have to run these two
commands again for the video games to work again. Is there a permanent
solution. Some command that will do this permanently?

Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com