[ale] Re: [ale-admin] new meetings at KSU

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Mar 13 16:38:34 EST 2002

Dow Hurst writes:
 > I know people on campus are excited about the new meeting place here at
 > KSU.  My two cents is name each new ALE location after the location.  So
 > we have
 >
 > ALE-Emory
 > ALE-KSU

This makes it sound too much like ALE is for members of the location
in question, and ALE is explicitly for Atlanta.  Emory had a LUG that
faded away (LUGE), and I wouldn't want anyone to think that they
needed an Emory association to come to the meeting.

On the other hand, if there are going to be several locations, I agree
that we do need a way to distiguish them, but I suggest more general
geographic areas, like ALE Central, ALE Northwest, ALE Cobb.

--Michael