[ale] OT: Data Mapping Tool

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 15:42:51 EST 2002

Hello All,

I am in need of a tool that can handle a combination of importing and
mapping data to a database.

Example of my problem would be this:

I have a spreadsheet of data that I wish to import into a database BUT..
this spreadsheet really contains data that needs to be divided up into
three or four different tables in my database.

What I would like to be able to do is choose a delimited file to import
and then choose the 'mapping schema' that matches my database. In other
words, import data from one file into multiple tables that don't have the
same field name or number of fields but do have the proper data types.

Thanks for your help in advance, I have always received awesome answers
back from this list. Keep up the great work :)

Kevin Stoll