[ale] bellsouth.net adsl setup

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 2 11:38:29 EST 2002

When I am troubleshooting, the first thing I look at is the log you find
at /var/log/messages. Could you post what that log shows when you do a
fresh connect?

You can probably get it best by entering:

adsl-start; tail -f /var/log/messages

If there is some failure in negotiating the connection, it should appear
in the output.