[ale] automating IP blocking on the firewall

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Jun 28 23:16:20 EDT 2002

  I'm still constantly getting hit on my web server (apache/linux) by the nimda viri.  I'd like to have my web server go over it's error logs occationally, and send a list of IP address to the firewall (iptables/linux).  Then I'd like to have the firewall block those IP on the incoming interface for N days.

  Has anyone done anything like this, or know of a package that would make this easier to do?  Or, if I end up writing this myself, any suggestions on helpful perl routines?

--
Lost in Tokyo,
  Keith