[ale] Linux Certifications - a worthwhile investment?

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Fri Jun 28 11:53:02 EDT 2002

I just wanted to get a general opinion on whether people thought that linux-based certifications like the ones offered by Redhat were a decent investment, in regards to helping somebody get a job in Linux/UNIX administration.

I ask because I have a fair amount of informal training with Linux and UNIX but no work history to reflect that, and I'm trying to change careers into that arena.

Thanks for any input, sorry if this topic is something that has been beaten to death, etc.

-Chris