[ale] PGP/GPG Compatibility Issues

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue Jun 18 15:44:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:47:58AM -0400, Randy Janinda wrote:
> I'm managing a corporate PGP (ebiz 7.0.1) program and have recently
> received GPG keys for a customer. Unfortunately, the keys can be
> inserted on the keyring, but encryption fails when this key is used.
> Does anyone have info about GPG/PGP interoperability and what the
> problem and solution may be? I really want this to work and not force
> the customer into the clutches of NAI.

	Your problem is probably the IDEA encryption algorithm.
You'll have to download the pluggin, build it, then add it to
your configuration.

	The following was blatently plagerized from a message from
Calum Mackay <calum.mackay at sun.com> posted recently to the gnupg-users
mailing list which sums it up very nicely...

] Quick answer:
]
] o Download ftp://ftp.gnupg.dk/pub/contrib-dk/idea.c
]
] o Compile:
]
]        gcc -Wall -O2 -shared -fPIC -o idea idea.c
]
] o Copy "idea" into your extensions dir, e.g <.../lib/gnupg>
]
] o Add to ~/.gnupg/options:
]
]         load-extension idea
]
] You can now decrypt files you may have previously encrypted with "pgp -c".
]
] cheers,
] Calum.

	In this case, you can also deal with messages and keys with
IDEA as the encryption preference.

	If that's NOT the problem, you are going to have to post more
information, like the specific failures and error messages you encountered.

> Thanks,

> Randy Janinda

	Mike
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/