[ale] compile problem: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found inlibrary

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jun 18 11:59:06 EDT 2002

It sounds like whatever you installed with apt-get moved or changed a
link.

The gettext stuff has been a big problem with my compiles as well. I
think there are a bazillion version around that are different enough to
cause problems. If I remember correctly, the gettext stuff is a string
preprocessor for gcc. It is heavily environment dependent. When the
RedHat environment changed to en_US from ascii all sorts of stuff broke
when compiling things with macros.

Sorry that's not much specific help. What specific packages did you
install with apt-get?

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>