[ale] OT: Wireless access points?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon Jun 17 17:01:40 EDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from Russell Hogg <hoggre at hotmail.com> -----
Guys,
  I'll throw a few links in here for free networks..  I'm having SMTP issues
because of Earthlink and can't post to the list at present.
(long story)

http://freenetworks.org/
has a serach engine for free APs..

http://nocat.net/
an auth program for free APs..

http://www.nycwireless.net/
free networks in NYC and other places..

http://www.openhotspots.net/
free Ap search engine

http://www.wifinder.com/
search engine for APs..  free and not free..

some of these may be known, i've been away from the list for a while..
if you guys are real interested I can zip up my wireless favorites and send
them on as well..

I want to create a free AP here at my place but I'm laid off at present and
that toy money is going elsewhere..

hope that helps.

Russ