[ale] HD install

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jul 31 23:55:40 EDT 2002

It's been a while (RedHat 4.2) since I did  hard drive upgrade. The
installer is looking for a directory called RedHat/. If everything is in
there, you should be able to point to where the RedHat directory is and
it will run OK.

You might be able to squash it all down (with out boot stuff) onto a CD
with mkzftree and a patched mkisofs -z <--option added with the patch to
make a compressed iso. The boot kernel will need to have compressed_iso
compiled in. It's in filesystems under iso9660.