[ale] upgrade

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Wed Jul 31 13:59:35 EDT 2002

Glen -

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Glen Bankston wrote:

> I have a RH7.0 install, but have downloaded all the stuff from an ftp
> site for 7.3 on the hard drive.  When I run the boot disk for this
> download, it tells me it cannot find the ISO image on the hard drive.
> I tried all the directories.

Well, did you download individual files and directories, or did you
donwload a few (3-4) '*.iso' image files?

> I suspect the files are not in the right format?!

> It is located at /root/rpms/7.3/ contains the normal stuff: /images
> /RedHat /dosutils etc.

This sounds like my guess was probably right.

You should probably go back and get the ISO images and burn them to CD's
if that was your intention.

Otherwise (and assuming you really have all the files), you'll have to
split 'em up onto multiple CDs, and you will be committed to the
installation before you discover if you made a mistake and put some vital
piece on the wrong CD.

If you just planned on doing an update from the files on your HDD, ingore
what I said, cross your fingers, hold your breath, close your eyes, and
7.0 setup to use.

 - John Mills