[ale] OT - Entry Level Job Opening

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Jul 31 07:13:21 EDT 2002

Um, maybe one of us is missing something but...

I wasn't talking about running the legacy app itself on a LTSP server.  Just
set up an LTSP server to serve the workstations, then just run a terminal
emulation app to connect to the current legacy box - the LTSP workstations
simply replace the dumb terminals, but connect to the same (mini?
mainframe?) 'server' that is currently 'serving' the dumb terminals.
Obviously, I don't know anything at all about these legacy systems myself,
but I do know that this is how LTSP was born.

Just join the ltsp mailing list and pose your question - you'll get an
answer within the hour (probably a lot sooner - or you could even go to the
IRC chat at:  #ltsp channel on irc.openprojects.net.

So, unless I am missing something, I still think LTSP would be the perfect
solution for this situation.

Charles