[ale] Please help: BellSouth ADSL hangs with sendmail andup2date

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 29 18:23:55 EDT 2002

If I may ask, what is with the intense hatred for PPPoE on this list?  I
currently use a Mindspring ADSL connection with PPPoE and its not that
bad.  Its pretty fast, I seem to get the max theoretical speed possible
(150K Bytes/s +), but I do have the ocasional outages (I blame this on
mindspring, and the cheesy DSL bridge that I use though).

If they do not use PPPoE what do they use?  Is it a streight up bridge,
or is it DHCP or what?

Mike