[ale] LCD Monitor

Dennis Herrick herrickd at huntingdon.edu
Mon Jul 29 14:03:00 EDT 2002

My school bought me a new P4 Gateway that came with a 18" Flat screen
LCD monitor. I've been using a KVM box between the Windows machine, the
mac and the Linux box. The new monitor has both an analog connection and
a digital connection. I tried last night to hook the KVM box to the
analog connection, and the PC and the Mac worked just fine. The Linux
box gave an error message (which I didn't write down) and wouldn't
display.

I removed the new monitor and put the old CRT back, and now Linux works
again.

Although I've been running this Linux box (Mandrake) for several years,
I'm still new at making it do things. It's been sitting here minding
it's own business running a website and not giving me any problems. But
getting it working in the first place was MAJOR problems.

I'm thinking life would be far easier to leave the new beautiful monitor
in the box and use the old one...

Any simple solutions to make this all work?